The noble quest to complete the home of Kirkjuvagr Gin is almost at an end - you’ll have noticed all the scaffolding is down – and from April 2018 we’ll be welcoming local folk and visitors alike through our doors in Kirkwall.
Now we’re offering the opportunity to be amongst the first to behold our magnificent new visitor centre.
The runes tell us that a chosen one, along with a worthy companion, will receive a tour of our great halls, learn some of the wondrous secrets behind our legendary gin and, crucially, get the chance to drink some of it for free.
All you have to do is buy any bottle size of our award-winning Kirkjuvagr Gin, or its Storm Strength sister gin, Arkh-Angell, from one of Orkney’s fine local retailers, fill in a short prize draw form and drop it into our special Kirkjuvagr portal (it’s just a box, on the shop counter).
We’ll collect the entries up after Sat 18th March and randomly select a champion to be our honoured guest in April.
As heroic tasks go, this one’s a total breeze. No lengthy sea journeys or battles required, so there’s little chance of you inconveniently ending up in Valhalla. Nor do you need to consume hundreds of chocolate bars in the hope you’ll find a golden ticket. How ridiculous would that be?
No, the Vikings didn’t mess about, nor do we. Our competition is nice and simple and by taking part you’ll be supporting local shopkeepers.
And, if you’re fortunate enough to win, you’ll have something to look forward to during those dreary months leading up to April.
It’s also a good excuse to replenish your stocks of Kirkjuvagr or Arkh-Angell, should they be running low. Or, if you’ve never tried our gin – perish the thought – this is your opportunity to experience its fabled smoothness and uniquely Orcadian flavour for yourself.
Full details of the prize draw, including all terms and conditions are here (LINK)
May the gods smile upon you. *
*Gods are not permitted to enter this prize draw, though praying to them for help in this quest is acceptable.
Terms & Conditions
1) Purchase in-store of 70, 20 or 10cl Kirkjuvagr Gin or 70cl Arkh - Angell Gin.
2) Entrant must be over 18 years of age.
3) One entry per transaction by entry form in participating retailers only.
4) This promotion closes on 18th March 2018 at 17.00 for receipt of all entries.The draw will be conducted randomly within 7 days of the closing date.
5) The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries or any claims as a result of being lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid.
6) PRIZE - One (1) winner will receive the prize. The prize comprises of a tour for two (over 18s only) of The Orkney Distillery Visitor Centre.
7) The prize must be claimed by May 1st 2018.
8) The prize is as stated and is non-transferable and non refundable. No cash or other alternative is available (in whole or in part), except that in the event of circumstances outside its control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar prize of equal or greater value.
9) The winner will be notified by email or telephone, within 7 days of the closing date. If a winner does not respond within 7 days of first notification attempt, if any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if the winner does not accept the prize or in the event of non-compliance with these prize draw Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Full T&C’s can be found at www.orkneydistilling.com.
10) The Promoter reserves the right to amend, temporarily suspend or withdraw this promotion in its absolute discretion provided that the Promoter shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
11) The Promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion.
12) By entering this competition you consent to Orkney Distilling Limited using your name in promotion of the competition after it closes.
13) Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion.
14) This promotion and these terms are governed by Scottish law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.