Orkney Gin for Adventurous Spirits
Reflecting the boldness of our Norse ancestors, the clarity of our seas and the purity of our air, Kirkjuvagr is a hand-crafted Orkney gin for the modern, discerning gin enthusiast.
A union of history and local expertise, combined with our family’s passion for gin, has produced a spirit that’s unmistakably Orcadian.
The Essence of Orkney
Inspired by legend, but with a contemporary twist, our unique blend of Orcadian botanicals ensures a truly memorable gin experience.
The Orkney Distillery
The Orkney Distillery and Visitor Centre in Kirkwall is the home of Orkney Gin. You can book tours online and check live availability.
Visit The Orkney Distillery
Kirkjuvagr Orkney Gin
Kirkjuvagr Orkney Gin
In name, Kirkjuvagr Gin reflects the rich history of our islands and the boldness of those ancient seafarers. In character though, it’s utterly contemporary and has been crafted with the modern, discerning gin enthusiast in mind.
When creating Kirkjuvagr, on the shores of Kirkwall Bay, we thought it fitting to seek out a connection to our Viking ancestors that ran deeper than just our name.
We then discovered a local legend that spoke of a variety of Angelica brought to the islands by Norsemen centuries ago, which can still be found growing wild today.
Naturally, this very Angelica is now one of our defining ingredients, complementing a unique blend of local botanicals, including Ramanas Rose, Burnet Rose and Borage. Uniquely, we’ve also used traditional Orkney bere barley in our recipe.
We're giving away a six-month supply of Kirkjuvagr Orkney Gin to one lucky winner.
Do you fancy winning 6 months' worth of Kirkjuvagr Orkney Gin just in time for the festive season? We’re giving someone the chance to win one of each of our full-size bottles from our range as well as our brand new Fjorir Gift Set.
All you have to do to enter is follow us on social media and share the graphic including the hashtag #6monthsofkirkjuvagr
Head over to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter to enter!
Facebook - Like the Kirkjuvagr Orkney Gin page, then share the competition post with #6monthsoforkneygin
Twitter - Follow us on Twitter, then retweet the competition graphic with #6monthsofkirkjuvagr
Instagram - Follow @orkneygin on Instagram then repost the competition graphic with #6monthsofkirkjuvagr
Note: Orkney Distilling Limited always encourages responsible consumption of alcohol
Terms & Conditions
1. Open to people aged 18 or over, except employees of the Promoters, their families and anyone professionally involved with this promotion.
2. Competition is open till midnight on Sunday 24th November 2019, after which time entries will not be counted.
3. To enter: simply follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, share/retweet the competition graphic, and make sure you use the hashtag #6monthsoforkneygin. Failure to follow these steps might mean that we can't track your entry.
4. There is no cost to enter. 5. Each entrant can enter a maximum of three times (one entry per social media channel).
5. The winner of the competition will be selected at random from all complete entries and announced the week beginning Monday 25th November 2019.
6. No other correspondence will be entered into concerning the result and the Promoter's decision is final. Failure to claim your prize within 14 days will result in the prize being forfeited.
7. The prize is 1 x 70cl bottle of Kirkjuvagr Orkney Gin, 1 x 70cl bottle of Kirkjuvagr Arkh-Angell Gin, 1x 50cl bottle of Kirkjuvagr Aurora Gin, 1 x 50cl bottle of Kirkjuvagr Harpa Orkney Gin, 1 x 50cl bottle of Kirkjuvagr Beyla Gin, 1 x Fjórir Gift Set *Note: ORKNEY DISTILLING LIMITED WILL ONLY POST TO UK ADDRESSES.*
8. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, temporarily suspend or withdraw this promotion in its absolute discretion provided that the Promoter shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
9. The Promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion.
10. By entering this competition you consent to Orkney Distilling Limited using your name or social media handle in promotion of the competition after it closes.
11. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion.
12. This promotion and these terms are governed by Scottish law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
Promoter: Orkney Distilling Limited, Springfields, Berstane Road, Kirkwall, Orkney, United Kingdom, KW15 1SZ.