It’s Mothering Sunday this weekend and as an extra wee treat for Mum and for the loved ones in your life, we have a brand-new cocktail!
Our special Mother’s Day cocktail uses our Beyla Honey & Raspberry Old Tom gin, blood orange and a syrup that’s easy to make at home, creating a subtly sweet tipple that has us thinking of springtime ☀️
Beyla – Mother’s Day Cocktail
- 50ml of Beyla Orkney Gin
- 50ml of thyme syrup (see MAKE AHEAD
- 50ml of blood orange juice (they are in season now!)
- 100ml blood orange soda
- Blood orange peel
- A handful of raspberries
- A few raspberries & fresh thyme (for garnish)
Put 300ml of water, 150g of caster sugar and 2 sprigs of fresh thyme into a saucepan. Bring it to the boil, and simmer until the sugar is fully dissolved. Take it off the heat and leave it for 10 minutes to infuse. You can put it in a jar or freeze it for future use.
- Muddle raspberries in your cocktail shaker (top tip – an empty jam jar also does the trick if you find yourself without a cocktail shaker at home!)
- Add the gin, thyme syrup, blood orange juice and ice cubes before shaking well until combined
- Fill your favourite cocktail glass with ice and double strain the mixture into it before topping up with blood orange soda (we recommend around 100ml to taste)
Squeeze the blood orange peel over the cocktail to release the natural oils and garnish with fresh raspberries, a sprig of thyme and enjoy with loved ones this weekend. 💖